By Monday Ochai
Cross Section of Igbo Delegates Assembly
The former Eze Ndi Igbo in FCT, Eze Ibe Nwosu has been expelled by Igbo Delegates Assembly (IDA) and the Association of Eze Ndi Igbo in Nineteen Northern States and FCT in a meeting the two prominent socio-cultural groups held on Sunday the 12th day of June in FCT.
This is contained in a communique released after the meeting which was made available to newsmen and signed by the trio of President of IDA, Chief Chi Nwogu, Chairman, Eze Ndigbo in the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja, His Majesty Eze Pampas Ngozi Wahiwe and Eze Igbo Kano and President-General of Eze Ndigbo in Diaspora, His Majesty Eze Bonifact Ibekwe.
The expulsion of Eze Ibe Nwosu followed an earlier suspension slammed on him by Ndieze of the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja in their previous meeting over certain misconducts.
The meeting also deliberated on so many issues affecting the Igbo as an important and major ethnic group in Nigeria especially the agitation for secession of the south east region by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, the growing insecurity in the region among other pressing issues.
Below is the full text of the communique:
IGBO DELEGATES ASSEMBLY(IDA)COMMUNIQUE REACHED AT THE EMERGENCY JOINT MEETING OF THE IGBO DELEGATES ASSEMBLY (IDA) AND THE ASSOCIATION OF EZE NDIGBO IN THE NINETEEN NORTHERN STATES OF NIGERIA AND THE FCT ABUJA HELD ON THE 12TH DAY OF JUNE, 2021, IN ABUJA
All protocols duly observed.
Preamble: After a thorough deliberation on the State of the Nation, our country Nigeria and the secession activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), by a joint meeting of the Igbo Delegates Assembly (IDA) and the Association of Eze Ndigbo in the nineteen northern states of Nigeria and the FCT, the following resolutions were reached:
- We stand for one Nigeria in its entirety, condemn the secessionist activities of IPOB and therefore dissociate ourselves from same.
- We urge the Federal Government and all the relevant authorities in Nigeria to use lawful measures towards securing the unity, security and development of all parts of our great country, Nigeria.
- We condemn and denounce in its entirety, the various on-going insecurity activities of killings, banditry, kidnappings, destruction of government property, robbery, unlawful herdsman-ship, etc.
- All Nigerians are free to live and engage in all or any lawful business, acquire and develop property in any part of Nigeria and maintain that nobody or group of persons should act against the exercise of such rights.
- We urge all our people in the Eastern part of Nigeria to desist from all acts and or omissions that would endanger the lives of our people in the North and other parts of Nigeria.
- We support the current government of Nigeria and urge her to ensure Nigeria is led with unity, peace, equity and justice for the development of our great country, Nigeria.
- We support the rightful demands of the Igbos for a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction come 2023, no matter the political party.
- We condemn and disassociate ourselves from all killings and destruction of property in Eastern Nigeria and urge that no Nigerian should associate us with same.
- We pass a complete vote of confidence on the Igbo Delegates Assembly (Igbos in the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja) and Association of Eze Ndigbo in the North and FCT Abuja; and as affiliates of Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide, we disassociate ourselves from individuals or group of persons who parade themselves as Ohaneze Ndigbo in the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja.
- We recognize and maintain that Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide is our apex body and there should be no proliferation of the body in any part of the North.
- Further to the earlier decision taken by the Ndieze of the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja over the suspension of Eze Ibe Nwosu, he has now been finally expelled from the Association of Ndieze in 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja.
• Long live the Igbo Delegates Association (IDA);
• Long live the Association of Eze Ndigbo in 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja;
• Long live Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide;
• Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Chief Chi Nwogu
His Majesty Eze Pampas Ngozi Wahiwe
(Chairman, Eze Ndigbo in the 19 Northern States and the FCT Abuja).
His Majesty Eze Bonifact Ibekwe
(Eze Igbo Kano and President-General of Eze Ndigbo in Diaspora).